Friday, March 6, 2015

A QABALISTIC INTERPRETATION OF Dr. Seuss' GREEN EGGS AND HAM


I'll be posting some more links pertaining to Greg Bishop's talk shortly (as well as our other guest speakers) but I came across this quintessentially 'patacritical exercise in the Excluded Middle anthology Wake Up Down There! (available through the EM website)

The book begins with the innocent sentence,"I am Sam."

This simple phrase is perhaps the most sublime. Sam can be seen as an abbreviation of the sacred Sanskrit mantra from Vedic literature, So'Ham, which means "I am that."

Thus we have the Hebrew God name Eheieh or I Am That I Am. Sam can also be seen as one of the the root words of Samadhi, which means "together with," sam, "the Lord," Adhi. Thus we have together with, I Am. Either way this is certainly Kether; the uppermost sephiroth on the tree of life--complete unity. This blissful state is secretly betrayed by the repeating of it. Here also, we have the appearance of a new character. He is the witness to the statement repeated,"I Am Sam."

Dualism has been evoked and heaven will never be the same. The negative veils of existence have been shattered. Kether has given way to Chokmah and Binah, the Yin And Yang of creation. There is nothing left but to look to where this new consciousness emanated and to speak what now appears in reverse."Sam I Am !"

Like an inverted pentagram, the truth is seen improperly due to the faulty perspective of the viewer. Immediately, we see the second character resist. He states,"That Sam-I-Am! That Sam-I-Am! I do not like that Sam-I-Am!"

Here we have it! The Ego separates from the now Higher-Self (Sam-I-Am) and begins to resent it, not realizing he is it! This resentment is the root of all human error as Nietzsche so exactly examines in Will to Power. Yes, the original sin is committed. The observer posits himself separate from the observed. But the Higher-Self is ready with a solution, an offering, a Holy Eucharist,"Do you like green eggs and ham?"...
read the full article on the EM website: http://www.excludedmiddle.com/occulted_dr._seuss.htm

Image: The Most Holy Tree of Eggs & Ham by D. McGovern

No comments:

Post a Comment